Top 10 Helpful Tips to Detox Your Skin!
By: V CapaldiThe government does not regulate the cosmetic industry to protect the public from products and harmful chemicals.
Heck they do not care about our food why would they care about our skincare?
Have you ever read the ingredient list of skincare products? If so, do you understand what you are reading?
Similar to food if you cannot identify the ingredient you probably should not eat it. If you do not know what an ingredient is in a skincare product maybe you should not put it on your skin.
What a freaking concept right?
The average skincare product has over 15 chemicals most of which have toxic, negative effects on our health and yet we never hear about this. Ever.
Obtaining knowledge coupled with how you respond is a powerful tool and I offer this information hoping you will respond with your health and no longer apply these toxins to your skin.
Top Toxin List:
- Parabens: Known to cause cancer and found in shampoos, scrubs, lipstick and many cosmetics
- Artificial Fragrance: Potential Neurotoxins that interfere with your immune system and found in many skincare creams, perfumes, shampoos and more.
- Artificial Dye: Many are known carcinogens and used in nail polish, lipsticks, eye shadow and many cosmetics that have color.
- Synthetic Co-polymer: Known irritant to skin and used in many hair & nail care products.
- Imidazolidinyl Urea: This chemical releases formaldehyde while remaining on the skin hours after applied and a known carcinogen used in deodorant, shaving creams and masks.
- PEG compounds: Used in many creams and known to cause cancer.
Top 9 De-Tox Skincare Tips:
- Coconut oil:This is the magic elixir of life. From cooking to skincare this stuff rules. I literally plow through gallons of this stuff. I make my toothpaste with it, use it as a face & body moisturizer, sun screen, shaving oil and so much more. Literally the list is almost endless here.
- Essential oils: Have been using this as perfume, in my toothpaste, diffusing to freshen the air, as a spray for sheets at night for a fresh scent and good nights rest.
- Vitamin E: I may or may not have been know to pop open the capsules and wipe the vitamin E directly on cuts, sores, bruises. You can purchase Vitamin E oil in bulk and it is perfect for any skin issue.
- Sugar Scrubs:My great friends at Nutiva have you covered so click here for easy DIY recipes.
- Deodorant:Give that shit up. Forget about it. Toxic poison. Throw some Witch Hazel under your pits if you need to or super hot days. I love the smell of my body sweating. The end.
- Shea Butter: Makes a great skincare moisturizer and adding essential oils makes it even more fun.
- Nail Polish: Ditch it the stuff is so toxic. The remover the worst. Since you may not and I have been known from time to time I recommend Mineral Fusion and the colors are rad.
- Oil Pulling: If you are not doing this you need to start. Nothing I can say will express how effective and amazing oil pulling is for your gum health, breath, teeth and mouth in general. Not sure how to do it? Read here.
- Water:I wash my body and face with water. Straight up and it works and cleans my skin. Imagine that.
- Bone Broth: Replace hand Sanitizer with bacteria. Stop going crazy over germs and keep your gut flora healthy. The use of hand Sanitizer is a consumer driven ideal and bacteria is the new black (free flavored bone broth recipes by clicking here).
Once again I would love to think all of you are going to create a non-toxic skincare routine tomorrow, but we know this is not the case. As luck would have it I ran into someone who already thought all about this.
Can I digress for a moment? #damnit
A few years back at my 1st PaleoFX convention I split a cab with someone who I thought was a stranger, but then they looked really familiar once in the cab. I even looked familiar to them. After a few minutes of geography with the where, who, when and why we both came to realize we did know each other. In a former life we both worked at a very large burn treatment center in Pennsylvania. Trina was a Nurse Anesthetist and I was a Respiratory Therapist and quickly we were reminded of how small the world is and how far we both have come from where we were to now.
Any who ~ the moral of the story is she is the founder and CEO of Primal Life Organics which is a skincare line that is toxin FREE! It was my 1st step into changing my skincare narrative. Today I still keep a healthy supply of the following products:
Top 5 Primal Life Organics Picks:
Dirty Mouth Serum: I hate the dentist. Did I mention I hate going to the dentist? This stuff keeps me home and not in a dental chair even with my horrific teeth. I add it to my DIY toothpaste and brush with it on the solo. Amazing stuff.
Dirty Mouth Powder: Before the DIY me I used this and loved it. My favorite flavor is Anise. Whatever you do please stop using over the counter toothpaste.
Cheek Stain: I freaking love, love, love this stuff. The video about it is cool too. It lasts forever and I feel like a real female warrior wearing it because it is from mother nature.
Pit Stick: Before I began loving my own fresh scent (LMAO) this was my shit. Freaking love the coconut the most. Lasts forever too.
Sun Up: This before skin protector is the perfect protector. I have tried it and tested it in the LA sun. This BOSS although Italian I burn baby burn in the sun and I can vouch for this product.
Please consider stopping the application of toxic chemicals to your body in the name of skin care and cosmetics. There are options out there that can offer the same results without causing cancer, illness and permanent damage to our bodies. I urge you to PLEASEquestion your status quo and up your volume regarding what you put on your skin in the name of beauty.