The Tradition of Holidays and FREE Sugar Free Pear Butter Recipe!
By: V Capaldi Happy Thankful Week everyone! I have so much to be thankful for this year as in every year. I LOVEthis time of year for so many reasons. Tradition is what really rings true for me.
Being raised Italian we had many cultural traditions especially around this time of year.
Today I live in LA with no family beyond my daughter. She spends her holidays with her fathers large Italian family back east and my traditions have changed to reflect me and my person. Although not inherited, taught or learned traditions they are still important and represent the person I am and keep me grounded.
Some of my most loved traditions:
- Vision Boarding
- Having a Fresh Christmas Tree
- Lighting a candle everyday from Thanksgiving till New Years that brings those I have loved and lost into the space
- Setting resolutions
- Walking the Venice canals on Christmas Eve
- Making homemade gifts (see recipe below)
- Playing holiday music everyday
Do not let the "Hallmark" version of the holidays be what defines you this season. Create your dream holiday and fill it with traditions that resonate your spirit and person.
Happy Holiday season 2015 to you and yours!
Sugar FREE Pear Butter
- 3 pounds organic pears
- 1/3 cup raw organic honey
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Filtered Water
- Crock pot
- Mason jars
- Hand masher
- Remove tops of pears and add entire pear to Crock pot.
- Add about 1/4 inch of filtered water, honey and spice.
- Turn pot on high for 1 hour.
- Open and stir all ingredients.
- Lower Crock pot to low and cook for 10 hours.
- When done take hand masher and mash all ingredients.
- Use fine strainer to remove excess water and add to mason jars.
- Store in refrigerator. Tested good for 3 weeks once refrigerated.
This makes great teacher gifts, hostess gifts, dinner guest gifts for holiday take away and so much more.
Have fun and enjoy!