Saying Bye Bye Social Security Disability in 2016
By: V Capaldi I am 100% grateful and do not know what I would do without social security disability income (SSDI). I literally have spent my entire everything trying to heal from Multiple Sclerosis (MS) following traditional healthcare until almost homeless or institutionalized and today have little more than SSDI to pay my living expenses. IRA, life insurance, jewelry are all gone with accounts empty.
Yet somehow I have a goal in 2016 to be one of the 1st if not the 1st person in American who has MS who goes off of SSDI.
Did you know the longest and youngest population in institutions in the United States have MS 2nd to psychological disorders?
Did you know that one of the largest populations disabled collecting SSDI in the US have MS?
Being a Wahls Warrior my next HUGE life goal is to become self sustaining once again for the 1st time in 15+ years so that I can turn off my SSDI payments.
This would be a true victory personally & for the community I serve. To let others know that if you stay on the path of conscious living through higher purpose you too can raise the roof on life and living!
In typical me fashion this does not look even humanly possible if your lens is filled with the narrative that comes from the autopilot of life. When you are a BOSS like me that is never the case. I chose my narrative and work always toward higher purpose of life and living. This being said anything is possible, nothing happens by accident and I believe with all of my person this really can be true.
I am already a walking miracle!
This shit does not just happen folks. In any way shape or form. My miracle life is work that has been the outcome of re-programming almost everything about my person, life and environment. Yet the longer I stay on this path the more joy I have for life and living that produces the certainty that I can break down walls and barriers before me.
My volume is way up!
I thought it would be nice for me to share my TOP 5 Wellness Tools that aid in my miracle life:
- Aromatherapy: I have been a huge advocate since being diagnosed with MS and value this in my life daily. I recommend we diffuse, use and appreciate the power of essential oils. Recommended starter kit: Diffuser, Essential Oil Blend, Tea Lights and you are ready to go.
- Angel Cards: Since 1996 these have been a huge part of my intention setting tools that have allowed my mindfulness journey to blossom. I love Hay House and this product is a great tool in my Bag of Tricks.
- Yoga, Yoga, Yoga: I have been a huge fan and avid yogi since 2000. One book I have had and use to this day to aid my practice is by Eric Small. He shares the disease of MS and teaches yoga in a format all of us can approach MS or not.
- Meditation: I do not care how you do it, but do it. Conscious down time is a must for higher purpose outcomes. All of the above tools help to create the scared space often needed to get our meditation game on. Download a group app and feel apart of community if that makes it work for you. Whatever it is do it and jump on quieting the mind.
- Ball Rolling: Self myofascial release is so critical to my mental and physical well-being it is ridiculous. I literally have a body that works better due to dedicated time ball rolling. I am a huge fan of both Yoga Tune Up and Rad Roller products using both daily in my wellness routine.
I hope all of you will use this time to end the year reflective of highs, lows, lessons, outcomes and whatever else floats your boat. Also take time to project, dream and design what 2016 should hold for you. If you got it all right what would it look like this time next year?
Hey YOU! Consider sharing my shit and subscribing to my blog. Think of it as a holiday present. Namaste.