Balance in Imbalance
Times today feel somewhat out of balance. Especially for those troubled countries at war in any definition. America as a world leader is in transition & balance not the status quo. Each day we are being faced with moral issues involving our rights & our government.
Somehow we became a divided country overnight. Somehow we became out of balance as a community. Somehow my balanced life is grounded on imbalance.
This division in America shook my core. It put me in a place where I was scared my wellness plan was not going to be enough to continue to support kicking freaking Multiple Sclerosis (MS) to the curb. It is times like this I am thankful for my "Bag of Tricks" filled with resources to help maintain balance in my life when the outside world is running on empty.
Daily I run to my "Bag of Tricks" to see what resources I have to support this imbalance in my American life. Here are some of my favorite tools to keep balance in an imbalanced world:
- Mantra's: Repeating statements like "I cannot control the actions of others I can control how I live my life." I love to say things out loud & believe this helps to manifest our dreams. It also helps to 'fake it till you make it."
- Meditation Apps: Thankfully I use the app Insight Timer. I love their guided meditation option which I have been using for each meditation post election. I still have not been able to tap the calm of silent meditation so the app's various guided meditations are essential to my wellness during the current imbalance. Having a mind that is talking all the time & hard to silence during these times of unrest in the world make this app a life saver for me.
- Essential oils: The use of oils have been a proven winner since the late 80's in my life & continue to have a strong hold in my "Bag of Tricks" offering help no matter what life throws my way. The beauty of diffusing oils is they can be customized to support the needs I have each day and time of day. Oils help with energy, calm, clearing the toxic air, breath work and so much more I find a solid supportive use for essential oils everyday. If you spend any time with me you will know I am always diffusing or burning something. The air I breath is a conscious & huge part of my wellness journey.
- Dancing: When they say dance like no body is watching that translates to mean dance like you are in the club on the bar to me. Literally I am a dancing fool and this part of my day has became essential to both my mental & physical wellness. There are days when the club is too much & I like to simply feel the music with lights out and candles lit while moving without thought. Sometimes simply moving through the emotion of the song & feeling the moment is a wonderful alternative. Dancing should offer the space to be free from thought beyond self expression of the music & how your body feels it. Dance. Dance. Dance.
- Music: Simply listening to music I find is the heart beat to the soul. I love picking my intended feeling for the day & have it reflect in my musical choices. I am someone who gets 'hooked on a feeling' often playing the same collection of songs over & over again. Seems I stay with certain thoughts for long periods of time. I try to let the tempo define my mood & this is how I pick the music I play. Even if I am not dancing having music playing for me is a huge wellness tool. Not going to lie my childhood songs are my favorites from the 70's. I prefer to have my memories at the beach in Brigantine, New Jersey.
- Narrative Change: Something new & challenging needed to enter my life now that the imbalance in America is a daily reality. I had to focus more on good than bad outcomes. Defining my role in this transition was key. Once I was able to realize what self help tools were going to support this journey I was able to begin changing the narrative back to balance in my life regardless of what was happening around me. A new narrative has been a key to wellness which sometimes means simply creating the space for change.
- Bliss Boards: Sure vision boards help to manifest your vision, but doing a bliss board reminds you of the things in life that fuel your BAM. Consider having a Bliss Board party to fuel your soul & bring community into your journey. Community. Party. BAM.
Sure I voted, marched & sent postcards, but that simply is not enough for me. I also decided every action of my life will reflect who I am & the community I serve. This was solidified in my person. The next step was the most important.
I needed more to keep my wellness plan in check when things outside of my immediate life were spinning out of control.
The loss of friends & family alone have been huge since the election in America. In all of my 53+ years I have never once witnessed such a divided country except during Vietnam & I was too young to understand. This time in my life I knew that I needed to make changes in me to 'off set' the changes I could not control. The current state of affairs in America presented changes to my personal life balance & stood to shake up my wellness plan without me realizing the effect would be so great or really preparing.
Having a "Bag of Tricks" once again proven to be a key resource in my miracle life.
Times are changing globally with our food & water systems being threatened daily & our governments changing constantly. There is not much we can do day to day beyond excellent self care, conscious living & creating change in ourselves. Once we are able to master our own purpose than we can have an impact on the global outcome. However for most of us the 1st step it going to be to look in our 'Bag of Tricks' to identify the tools you have vs. what you need then to get busy making sure your person is on point & ready to lead by example.
Times of imbalance in our global world call for balance in our private life to be essential so we can continue to thrive no matter what life hands us.
Are you tapping your bam everyday? If not than it is beyond overdue for you to subscribe to my newsletter. Damn it. #crushingalwaysfree #upYOURvolume
Did you know weekly we are LIVE on the radio? Well you should. Every Saturday, 10am PST, The Up Your Volume, Morning show with Nicki Bove & ME! Raising the roof on the arts & conscious living. BAM. Join us live or subscribe on iTunes.