Apple BBQ Pulled Turkey
By: PaleoBOSS Lady
This was my "Bye Winter/Hello Spring" meal.
Made it up on the fly & it was freaking delicious.
Very good, easy & Paleo. What more can you ask?
APPLE BBQ PULLED TURKEY
- Serving: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 hours
- 1 organic Turkey leg/breast combination
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 small apples cored
- 1 large red onion quartered
- 2 small shallots
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Add paste and honey to saucepan mixing well heating slowly. Once combined add to top of turkey using a spoon or brush. Save remaining BBQ sauce.
- Place apples, shallots & onions in crock-pot or dutch oven. Add meat on top with salt and pepper.
- Next add vinegar to mixture. Break cinnamon stick and place on BBQ covered turkey.
- Set for 10 hours on low. Do not add water.
- When done mash apple, shallot & onion with hand masher after removing liquid.
- Using a fork shred the turkey mixing with mash anding additional BBQ sauce if desired.
- Enjoy & artichoke recipe here!