A Sugar, Dairy & Gluten Free Treat: Apples Ahoy!
By: V Capaldi I am doing my 1st Whole Life Challenge and loving it. 8 weeks of clean eating all in an effort to stop my addiction to honey.
Yes folks I have a honey addiction.
It used to be jars upon jars of honey. Now we have no longer maintained that level of addiction, but having honey in my diet often is not a good look for this body.
Yearly after the holiday honey feast I do a detox. This year and probably next it is a Whole Life Challenge which means my lifestyle is clean and mean right now. However I still like to have an after dinner treat no matter how much I detox.
Here is my latest "go-to" treat that is sweet with nothing added beyond what mother nature puts in the fruit.
Simple and fun to make for the whole damn family. I like to set up a topping bar and let everyone have fun creating their favorite treats:
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 4 Sliced Organic Apples (remember these have a HIGH pesticide load so organic is important if you can)
- 60z 100% Organic Dark Chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Suggested Toppings: Shredded Coconut, Cacao Nibs, Cacao Powder, Cinnamon
- Line tray with parchment paper.
- Slice apples and set on trays.
- Set up desired toppings in bowls.
- Melt oil and chocolate together.
- Drizzle melted mixture over apples adding desired toppings.
- Place in refrigerator for minimum of 20 minutes and enjoy.
PaleoBOSS Lady has been honored to offer Whole Life Challenge original recipe and video content to up your volume. Click here to check out our work together.