A 5 Star Chef Born at 52+
By: V Capaldi Whoever in their right mind would have pinned me a rated 5 star ***** chef at the age of 52+?
Are you kidding me my bedtime is 8pm. The role of chef is kicking it up at notch at 8pm. Still figuring this out.
For the last month through the company Cozymeal I have had the pleasure of sharing a Paleo kitchen with almost 100 people. These engaging, interactive classes have been a whirlwind surprise, wonderful journey & just plan fun.
As "Chef V" I specialize in corporate team building events and could not be happier. The groups of community I get to engage with in this role are uplifting, inspiring and offer everyone an all around good time. In addition my years of building small companies and studies in community psychology offer a truly rich experience.
Most groups insist on a competition element which I LOVE! Imagine if you will Iron Chef meets Survivor.
Each Corporate Team Building Cooking Class with Chef V includes:
- Active Engagement
- Timed & Measured Outcomes
- Thankfulness Reception
- Closing Dance Party
Can I tell you folks take this seriously every time. Which jazzes the Philly Italian girl/chef in me.
As in life this role of "Chef " teaches me life lessons at every event. The inspiration/lessons I am gaining in the kitchen with others is where I am feeling the most personal growth as " Chef V". Watching varied communities use ingredients in different ways, marrying things in a way and/or preparing in a way I never thought have been a strong personally full-filling part as a teaching chef with Cozymeal.
Ever wonder how to get to a place you never dreamed?
Thought about doing something yet believing it is impossible?
If so, try my TOP 5 BAM Outcome Rules:
- Peek into every door
- Never limit yourself
- Open your mind
- Create space for the process
- Believe in yourself
This week I was inspired by a client from The Four Seasons Hotel who participated in a team building cooking class with me. For years I have been dipping things in chocolate & adding ingredients to stick to the chocolate. This weeks team simply melted & mixed everything together. This process created a different taste, texture and dessert using the same ingredients I had for years and it creating a tasty new dessert. These delicious dipped strawberries won the competition!
The only negative comment was the dish was ugly. Straight up not pretty. Not going to lie. #damnit
Food has got to be pretty is my story.
So I thought all day yesterday and at some point yesterday found myself in the kitchen with this recipe in my mind. I will be damn if it is not tasty and gorgeous.
Simply perfect for holiday entertaining and SIMPLE!
So damn easy breezy it is ridic is all I am saying. Holiday BAM!
The end. You are welcome.
Take pics & post. Damn it.
Coconut Chocolate Pucks w/ Whipped Cream & Fresh Organic Berries
Sugar & Dairy FREE
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Coconut Manna
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Organic strawberries
- optional 5 drops peppermint oil (yes please)
- Whip entire can of coconut milk and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Melt all ingredients together except strawberries mixing well over low heat.
- Using a cupcake pan or desired candy/ice tray or vessel of choice add mixture. Line with coconut oil if not using a non-stick pan.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator for 4 hours and pop out pucks when ready to serve.
- It is recommended to let sit for about 5 minutes before popping out of vessel.
- Place puck on serving dish, add a dollop of whipped coconut milk topped with berries and enjoy!
- I pick up the puck and eat like a nut butter cup with whipped cream on top. So good. So good. So good.
- Perfect to throw in your bag for mid-day yumfest is also a good look.
Share with others so we can work on a real food movement together.
Chocolate is the gateway 'drug' & bacon.
Do not kill the messenger.
How about today you subscribe to my blog. Double damn it.