As many of you know while the BAM van was being built out I lived with my daughter and her boyfriend for a few months. God bless them both for this. I know how much of a sacrifice it was to have me and Gidget.
Not only that, but I learned Eli is quite the baker.
Eli made the most incredible recipe for what I consider to be a breakfast cookie and I am proud to share it with you because they are tasty beyond words. This recipe does have dairy using grass-fed butter.
When I left on tour he packed me several and I savored every bite. Officially I have the recipe and an oven in the van. I see these in my future and hope you will too!
Eli's Date Drop Cookies
- 2.5 cups of Otto's Cassava Flour
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground organic cloves
- 2 sticks of grass-fed butter
- 1.5 cups of Nutiva Coconut Sugar
- 3 large pasture raised eggs
- 1 tablespoon Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoon Nutpods origianl
- 2 cups of organic chopped dates
- 1 cup organic chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chopped chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Have butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Mix wet ingredients and fold in flour and dry ingredients one at a time. (Eli does this by hand the entire process) mixing well.
- Add nuts, dates and chips mixing together.
- Place about 3/4 tablespoon of batter on tray and bake for about 12 -15 minutes.