The Day I Resigned!
Viewing entries tagged
up your volume
By: V Capaldi & Dillon Druz I am a huge believer that life takes us where we are supposed to be. I know intentions can guide this journey & really work hard to live my life by this personal mantra.
The last 18 months I have grown to socialize very little. Having a digital media brand built around dedicating & sharing your life makes for a very public life. In addition being healthy is my full time job & a hard job. I treasure my alone & dog time often looking forward to when I can be private.
To assure I do not stop going out, networking or engaging weekly I developed the ritual of heading to The Bulletproof Cafe in Santa Monica.
I cannot express the amaze balls folks I meet there every time. The community it draws are my kind of people. It has become a little family that I appreciate very much.
As luck would have it this gal had the chance to speak to a young man I noticed was a regular just like me. His energy contagious. We got chatting one day & without hesitation I begged him to share his story with you all.
With great pride, respect and mad love I introduce a true inspiration, gentleman, miracle & my friend: Dillon Druz.
A special shout out to Dave Asprey for building a cafe that inspires community, conversation & education with some of the best damn food I have ever had. It supports the miracle that lives in all of us.
Hello. My name is Dillon Druz. I live consciously because if I want to thrive in life, I have to.
In 2007, I was diagnosed with Chiari Malformation. This condition is a rare neurological brain disorder that affects everything from sight to balance. I received brain surgery after the diagnosis and was bedridden for months.
Chiari Malformation turned my life upside down. I went from being a top sponsored athlete to an Oxycontin addict. I was lost, sick, and waiting to die.
I had daily migraines, chronic fatigue, and extremely low libido. I was suffering and drowning through life. These days I am healthy and sober. I work full time. I can do almost everything I could do before my surgery.
Doctors told me I would be handicapped for life, but that has not been my experience.
All of my hard ships have led me to self-discovery and an inner healing journey. Every trail & tribulation I have gone through has taught me many meaningful life lessons.
I would not trade my current life for anything nor wish it happened any other way! Living conscious has led me to deep acceptance.
I firmly believe that if you show up for yourself boldly, then life will take care of itself. I have every reason to sit in self-pity, but I just can't allow that in my conscious. I am someone who doesn't handicap myself based on western beliefs.
I dance on my bike in the morning while biking Venice Beach. I grooved to Kanye West's "30 Hours" from his new album The Life of Pablo this morning.
I absolutely love spin classes, surfing, and hiking. I crave the outdoors and any situations that connect me to my true self. Lately, though, I have been exercising much less. Focusing on long fasts, diet, and cyrotherapy to mimic a similar beneficial stress response.
My favorite word is keto. I know, I know. It's super cheesy, but ketosis has given me my life back.
I am listening to Kanye West. I truly admire his artistic and creative abilities. His persona also cracks me up. Being authentic and true to you is a major key in life. Regardless of how that looks to the individual.
I get mindful on the regular! I start the day by reading spiritual texts and conscious deep breathing. Then I meditate for at least 5 minutes with at least 1 longer meditation during the week.
One small step that has produced profound effects in my life was reducing carbohydrates from my diet and going ketogenic. A low carb diet has tremendously improved my life. It almost feels like my brain fires better now than it did pre surgery.
The return in investment this action has given me is nothing short of miraculous. I have a new found zest for life and insurmountable hope for the future.
A mini hack I used to help me transition into this lifestyle was the use of exogenous ketones (I prefer KETO OS) as a brain fuel while taking a special form of magnesium (MagTech from Natural Stacks). These supplements made my transition effortless and sustainable.
I am extremely grateful for the time we are living in. The amount of information available to the general public is unbelievable. We live in a time where we can learn and heal our selves by applying information from other people’s experiences. I always recommend seeing a doctor first though so you know where to start!
Dillon Druz is the 2007 United States Bodyboarding Association National Champion. He was diagnosed with a rare brain disorder in 2008 and used functional medicine to bring himself back from a debilitating brain surgery. These days he does social media marketing and promotes health & wellness through his personal social platforms.
"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." MLK
By: V Capaldi
The reality I have lived in fear of for almost 30 years is happening. A thought so crippling at times I believed it accelerated my sickness: being homeless.
Finally the day has arrived and without question homelessness is in my future. A huge part of me is scared, but I know facing your fear head on can be a healthy way to overcome their power. I am determined to continue to set an example for others & to always have hope that I can do anything I put my mind too.
Yet I am so damn excited I cannot stand it. It is voluntary homelessness.
Now don't get your panties in a bunch when you read the next few sentences accusing me of a misleading headline. I speak only the truth. Damn it.
The message of PaleoBOSS Lady will be hitting the streets starting September, but I will officially become homeless June.
Yup me! Little Miss "No Hands" girl who had trouble swallowing & always tilted left less than 4 years ago is now a driving freaking fool!
My person without question knows the best way to create change is to "Take it to the Streets!" which means I am officially announcing the Up Your Volume: Taking it to the Streets Tour!
Words nor actions can begin to express how excited, scared and thrilled I am to be dedicating the next year to the community.
Literally on Sunday while on the yoga mat I was overcome with the certainty that this tour officially begins my life of dedicated service to others. Nothing has called me more than where I am right now.
The best way I can serve the community is to spend time with as many as possible showing and sharing exactly what I do to be a walking miracle.
The brand of PaleoBOSS Lady has been preparing for this journey for a long ass time. For the last almost 10 years I have been studying how to make messages culturally relevant and powerful. My person is certain that it is time to put my money where my mouth is.
Sunday and every day since I have cried tears of freedom from the fear of losing possessions, a roof over my head and whatever items I held dear. Clearly my person is transitioning to the place of acceptance needed to become selfless and I am more alive than I have ever been.
No matter what I am anxiously anticipating the coming year ahead and need your help. An energy push directed my way whenever you think of me or are reminded of my mission. This folks is the fuel to my fire and I need your help to keep my flame lit during the challenging times which I am sure will appear.
Words nor actions will ever express how thrilled I am that my partner in crime for this entire journey supporting me every step of the way is my daughter. Nicki Bove will be joining her momon on and off throughout the year as we offer events all over America plus a whole lot more.
Please stay tuned as the details continue to unfold. I would love all the directed positive energy you can muster to be sent my way for a safe journey ahead. In addition consider sharing my blog with those you think might want to up the volume on their life. Maybe we can meet along the way?
I honor the miracle in all of us and this BOSS is coming for you America! Not going to lie I see a morning dance party or two in our future. #PBLravers unite!
Want me to come to your town? Let me know in the comments. The brand of PBL will be offering FREE events, cooking classes, workshops & talks all year long! #itsawonderfullife
Not a subscriber? Today feels like the best day ever to change that.
Once a week for the most part and on Wednesday between 1-2pm PST you get a blast with chatter from me, usually a video and a spotlight on something I give a shit about.
The end. Join the crew. We do not bite.
At least I do not think so.
By: V Capaldi Thought that would get your attention. Being raised by an addict I take the use of drugs and alcohol very seriously.
I have never done a recreational drug outside of smoking weed. I have been an avid user of marijuana for almost 30 years which equals my years living with Multiple Sclerosis.
Drinking for me did not become a thing until my life on the road began at the age of 25ish. I traveled and traveled and traveled to the tune of over 200+ days a year for over a decade. At the time I was building international tech companies which was largely a male dominated game. In order to play "the game" you had to be where it all happened. This included many a cocktail hour, steak dinner, golf outing & strip club visits. Often. Very, very often.
Fast forward decades later & cocktail hour became my therapy.
It signified the wind down. The beginning of a 'deep breath' on the day.
Today I no longer drink.
Knowing with confidence I never will again.
I am still in shock over this reality, but my relationship with alcohol is over & it has been a battle.
Not a battle of addiction a battle of numbing myself.
Literally alcohol was toxic beyond what it did to my body physically. Coping skills, stress management, higher purpose ideal's, self love & important shit like that are not in the picture when your daily "wind down" comes from a sip.
Even 1 or 2 glasses, a few days a week offered enough numbing that I was able to continue to autopilot 'dealing' with shit.
When you are a miracle you have to question everything. Over the last 5 years I have slowly been cutting alcohol out of my life. The battle began with conscious effort knowing I had a lot of mental healing work to do to win this fight.
A few weeks ago I drank for the 1st time in months. I had my usual tequila surprisingly not to excess, but I drank.
My body literally went crazy & became violently ill! Painful, violent, scary stuff. No joke friends.
That is when I knew the battle had ended & this gal would have never ever have alcohol again. I love myself enough to have felt so bad for how I treated my body especially after all it allows for in the face of MS. Why would I be so cruel to myself? Never again. Never.
The truth is that up until now I had no physical addiction to alcohol I had life routine tied to it. Routines that mattered in a huge way to my life:
- Winding down
- Taking a deep breath
I am certain my battle with alcohol is finally over because I have worked hard to learn how to: slow my role, have balance, breathe complete with a large "Bag of Tricks" filled with relaxation skills to support my higher purpose life.
If you live in harmony with your body & truly are conscious I have to ask is there really a place for alcohol in our lives? If so, why does a body react so violently to even a sip once clean living happens?
When your body is forcing it out like exorcist kind of stuff shouldn't that tell us something. Throwing up from anything is not good & booze tends to have our body do that in our lifetime. Veggies I do not remember ever doing that to me. Just keeping it real.
I am still healing from that false move of drinking this month. This is not a good look for my body, but rest assured there is a reason I am a BOSS because when it is time to show up I do. ALWAYS!
Bye bye alcohol. It's been fun, but not really when I look back. Damn it.
Raising a few eyebrows am I? Or not. Who knows.
Would love to have you know all the non sense I rant about by subscribing to my blog.
It comes out weekly & has free shit, cursing & great content. The end.
Thank you for being here. Means the world.
By: PaleoBOSS Lady
This was my "Bye Winter/Hello Spring" meal.
Made it up on the fly & it was freaking delicious.
Very good, easy & Paleo. What more can you ask?
APPLE BBQ PULLED TURKEY
- Serving: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 hours
- 1 organic Turkey leg/breast combination
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 small apples cored
- 1 large red onion quartered
- 2 small shallots
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Add paste and honey to saucepan mixing well heating slowly. Once combined add to top of turkey using a spoon or brush. Save remaining BBQ sauce.
- Place apples, shallots & onions in crock-pot or dutch oven. Add meat on top with salt and pepper.
- Next add vinegar to mixture. Break cinnamon stick and place on BBQ covered turkey.
- Set for 10 hours on low. Do not add water.
- When done mash apple, shallot & onion with hand masher after removing liquid.
- Using a fork shred the turkey mixing with mash anding additional BBQ sauce if desired.
- Enjoy & artichoke recipe here!
By: V Capaldi Not going to lie I was raised in a family where going to work was how you got in a work-out. No one in my family ever once said, "I am going for a work-out or a run" in my entire childhood.
We had a beach house growing up that was 5 houses from the beach and my mom drove every day.
Working out was something I learned about thanks to Jane Fonda. Her video's exposed me to the power of a good sweat while satisfying my need to wear tights, spandex & a headband!
Aerobics was my movement drug of choice for me & the crew. Immediately after each class the 1st thing we all did was light a cigarette while sharing a nice cold can of coke. Imagine!
Never once questioning how much of an oxymoron this was. We worked out & truly believed we earned whatever we were doing.
Then MS decided to show up & Jane Fonda had to take a back seat. No longer was I hopping around while lifting body parts for the count of anything. Damn it.
For the next several years my workouts were consistent, however physical therapist defined. I literally would work out with my PT whose clients were professional athletes learning strength training, cardio & resistance work with Moses Malone, Andrew Tony, Darryl Strawberry and many more.
Healed myself enough so I put a full gym in my home. Right off my bedroom so I could use it everyday. Which I did. In addition to walking track on average 5 days a week after dropping my kid off at school. If it was cold outside, no problem I went to the mall before it opened (they do that on the east coast so you can walk).
After which I would go through my day eating sugar filled foods, making unhealthy choices because "I worked out."
When MS decided it was time to disable my body I took to the pool for several years until building up enough strengthen to land myself on my hero the yoga mat.
Religiously I have been a devout yogi identifying yoga as a life long hero in my wellness "Bag of Tricks."
As yoga increased my ability to heal, move and kick MS to the curb I decided to do things like: yoga everyday for 30 days, started adding a spin class before my yoga, hired someone to help me train for a 5K, increased my work out time to 3 hours/6 days a week and so on you can see the pattern. All in the name of beating MS.
Each time my body screaming with IT band pain, neck issues, foot pain and the list goes on.
This is what is supposed to happen when you work out. Right?!?
I was doing this not to have a perfect figure, lose weight or anything that has to do with what the eye can see. I was showing this dedication to stop MS from taking over my body. I had to be diligent. Right?!?
It was not working. In fact it was making my road to healing harder. Much harder.
As luck would have it I learned about conscious eating and began to heal my body from MS using food. Also while dancing on a bar in 2014 (do not judge) tore my meniscus. Having MS surgery is not an option unless no other choice.
I began with a new PT who understood my concerns. His 1st few visits all he did was have me show him exactly what my work out's look like. Start to finish. He put me on a spin bike, yoga mat and walked outside, up & down stairs, watched me open drawers, cabinets, open & close doors which pretty much the whole time I was like okay this is insane. For hours he watched every move I made.
Yet by doing this almost instantly he offered simple and easy corrections.
1st order of business was he asked me to just STOP. No yoga, spin, walks, Zumba, bike riding. No nothing.
He wanted to see what would happen if I were to allow my body to rest from intention workouts & to begin intentional workouts.
Becoming Aware of Toxic Workouts.
He asked me to consider healing by offering my body a movement conversation daily delivering what it tells you. A work-out routine based on loving kindness of yourself.
What a freaking concept & one this BOSS at first was like, "Say what?" & "I will have what you are smoking!"
A torn meniscus when you do not want surgery leaves you with no choice, but to listen. Hate that shit. Double damn it.
Within 3 months I realized all of my pains were gone. Yes I was still moving 6 days a week, but with focused purpose of loving my body.
Not trying to beat MS or to push myself as hard as possible. Instead daily listening to my body, life & person delivering what was needed to support the immediate journey ahead.
The sad truth is I was the norm before. Many if not most of us motivated for the wrong reasons to break a sweat.
- Imagine dancing every day or walking down the street for about 3 minutes with the only purpose to see what your body is saying. Mind & spirit.
- Do this with the commitment to support the message.
- Then define what will make the support happen.
- What do you have & what do you need to support the desired outcome?
- How long will it be approximately to complete the process while committing to it?
Then do it. Whatever it is.
For me it often requires time on the yoga mat, more dancing, self myo-fascial release work & walking.
By starting your day like this you are questioning the status quo daily with an openness to create a narrative.
A narrative that supports your person 100%.
By compartmentalizing wellness it becomes a thing.
Realizing my daily needs guided by a commitment to higher purpose removed all toxic workouts from my life & body has never been better. I literally cannot say enough about how liberating this has been for me & a huge growth factor in my wellness journey.
I really believe this is the reason why I can drive so far now. I was self injuring before due to excessive working out. Now I honor what my person needs, open my "Bag of Tricks" pulling out what I need & the love party begins.
Not subscribed? Damn it.
Would love you to consider joining the PBL community as we raise the roof on life & living! #upYOURvolume
By: V Capaldi Anyone who has spent any time with me has had to endure my boring stories of building tech companies that including attending more trade shows yearly than I can even imagine. My team consisted of a group dedicated to just trade shows it was such a huge part of my business.
After building tech companies I opened a retail store dedicated to consciousness and once again found myself at trade shows, but just 4 a year.
Regardless the size, going to a trade show can be a daunting experience. I often relate it to walking down a busy NYC street filled with people and knowing not a single person. Many of us are used to walking down the street and knowing everyone.
Last week I attended my 1st ever Expo West. It happened to be a record attendance at 75K! Talk about intimidation!
In typical V fashion I arrived a day before the entire event opened up to tour the smaller "Hot Products" section when it opened on Thursday; which offered a nice step back into trade show life.
Friday all hell broke loss and Expo West was in full swing. Have mercy this show has everything you can imagine complete with free food and live music!
Words nor actions can begin to express how different this experience was for me compared to any trade show I have done before. Many of us who live in the conscious world got here because life dealt us a hand we decided not to lose. Even though the odds were not in our favor we knew our hand was a winning hand. When no one else did. When everyone thought we were crazy. When the only person we could count on was ourselves.
Imagine being in an energy space of this group of poker players?!?
I found myself crying almost every booth I visited by the uplifting forces encountered within each of the companies I had the honor of meeting. Many of them have supported my wellness journey with their brands and it was a privilege to meet the faces behind the products.
To make my life even more exciting finally my dear friend Vani Hara (aka. The Food Babe) and I met face to face in Venice on Wednesday before Expo West even kicked off. Needless to say all of this is the reason this newsletter is a little delayed. I am still in recovery mode.
Here is a round-up of my TOP PICKS of PRODUCTS:
Crio Bru: This stuff is delicious! WOW! For those looking for a coffee alternative I would highly recommend you consider this brand made from Cocoa Beans. They have different roasts and each I sipped were exceptional.
Fruit Bliss: The look of the figs pulled me into the booth. The fruit from Fruit Bliss tastes and looks fresh picked. They give each piece of fruit a nice steam before packaging producing a quality product that is the best I have ever had. Mother Nature would be proud.
Gaia: Adrenal Health: This product is for my adult daughter. She has had a tough year and wonderful year at the same time. Leaving her fatigued and her adrenals screaming for attention. I was so excited to see the addition of the Jump Start knowing this may be exactly what she needs. I love that all Gaia products are gluten free and certified to be.
Farmhouse Culture: The Gut Shot: Saw this and bought it for my kid at my local Whole Foods. She has always love pickle juice and this is designer juice the way I see it. Take a shot a day and let the gut begin to heal. They taste delicious too. I would highly recommend adding this to your daily life. Bacteria is the new black!
There were so many products to view and learn about my mind is still numb. However of all that I personally saw these are my TOP PICKS! I hope you found this insightful and look forward to hearing your feedback.
Not subscribed yet? Damn it.
Would love it if you would join our community weekly newsletter offering tips & tricks to #upYOURvolume.
By: V Capaldi I am someone who for most of her adult life has probably averaged more than 3 days a week working out. My mental and physical body require it and I would say I am addicted. These workouts have evolved, but one thing has always remained: my love of props. Using props during a workout & life offers a richer, deeper experience in many ways.
For some reason the mental conversation most of have regarding props are centered around defeat or lack of ability. I find the opposite to be true and believe my growing ability to thrive in the face of MS due to my willingness to use props in my life both physically & mentally.
A great example of the joy of using a prop during my workout is triangle pose in yoga. This pose is a huge necessary in my "Bag of Tricks" due to gait issues resulting from MS. However 9 out of 10 times the best outcome my body receives from triangle pose happens when assisted into the pose with a block. This pose incorporates so many different yet important variables that using a block is the best way to gain the maximum benefit of the pose. The experience of this pose is night and day without a block for my body.
Sure I can touch the ground and offer a beautiful triangle pose on command with no block needed. This however is not the goal just getting into the pose. The goal is to be one with the pose.
Allowing for the complete experience often will land most of us in my favorite place: "Propville"
I literally have a box full of fun props for movement & life. Each day before my morning workout I lay the choices of the day on the floor next to my yoga mat. This way once I am on the mat whatever I need is accessible.
TOP 7 PICKS:
- I am Wonderfully Made: My yoga mat is a prop in itself. I do all workouts starting and ending on my mat. This is a prop that reminds me why I am doing this and to take time to allow the workout to be felt and appreciated. A huge step #1 on "Propville"
- Necks are Nice: Another great tool is something under my neck for whenever I lay down. Many times I am in yoga watching row after row of folks hyper-extending their neck when laying down. I have a few options beyond rolling my towel. Almost every class someone asks me about my props which leads me to believe there is a need. Neck rolls are nice.
- Save the Knees: Hello folks stop acting like kneeling is not a challenge. If you have knee pain please put something under them.Save the knees & the bees (I digress). I have a few tricks to share if you do not want to buy a support like I use. I sometimes fold my yoga mat double or my towel to support my sore knees. Both are accessible & super easy to incorporate offering maximum benefits.
- Cork Block: This thing is hard as hell and I am in love, love, love. OMG! That is why I love it because there is no doubt when using it that I feel sturdy. Having MS many times balance is an issue. Using a block that feels like a dead weight I love. Plus it most often is made of sustainable and recyclable material which is an added BAM.
- Wonder Wall: Imagine that! Using a wall for help during a work out. I actually have a workout wall in every room of my house. I know you are jealous. So often people come over and ask why certain walls have nothing on them (but marks from me being a badass) & when I tell them because they are my work out walls it definitely brings a pause. Workout walls rule and are FREE.
- Chairs Care: The greatest invention behind the wheel maybe? Okay another blog post and I digress. Damn it. Use the damn chair when you need it. I use it to put my feet up in meditation, balance when getting into certain yoga poses & to keep me stable when stretching. I need to be very careful due to a torn meniscus and support is my friend. Without the support of a chair my home care would be lacking effectiveness big time.
- Band Babe: I freaking love my bands. I use them all the time to assist in stretching, assist with clam pose and so much more. For a few dollars you can really do amazing strengthen training, stretching and so much more.
The moral of the story is to engage in your own narrative regarding props in your workout & life. Make sure your reasons are not based on cultural norms & societal pressures which I believe for most of us to be the case.
Look at a packed yoga class and when the instructor asks if you need props no one moves. Yet when class ends half the room now has props the teacher handed them because their experience would be better with them. Nothing else folks.
Don't be a workout douche and give your body what it needs. Some loving support every once in a while to show it how much you care.
I know you do not want to miss another blog post from this gal! If you have not please hit subscribe and join my crew!
We talk about consciousness across all things in an effort to up the volume of life and raise the roof on living. BAM!
By: V Capaldi My kid and anyone who knows me will tell you I did not embrace change well for most of my life. Not only that I would lose my mind with even the slightest change to my day. Yes I would officially lose my shit when life happened.
No wonder MS (multiple sclerosis) was winning at every turn. Not only was my diet & lifestyle a mess the "mentals" were way off.
Moving to California has been a huge lesson in riding the wave.
It is amazing how much slower life appears to this east coast girl & more fluid living on the left coast. Having the outdoors call your name almost daily requires fluid living. I am sure folks in Colorado feel the same way with all the sunny days.
Long gone are the days of 9 to 5 which was a huge wave riding thought when I 1st arrived in Venice Beach. I can remember thinking "does anybody work?" Everyday it seemed everybody was home.
The LA work narrative is different. Fluid and wave like.
Today I am sure if you asked my kid and others how I am now they would talk about my re-invention of self that has resulted in adapting to change in a healthy way. An approach that creates space to up the volumeof live while allowing for it to unfold.
How to Change Without Freaking Out:
- Remind yourself that evolution is real. We all need to evolve in order to grow. The end. A great book & tool to help this narrative is found here.
- Mentally, write it down & know your fears surrounding this change and your joys. Leather bound journals make this more fun too.
- Check in your "Bag of Tricks" for resources. What do you need, have & gotta get? Great blog about this right here.
- Know it is okay to be a little scared married with self belief. Here is my favorite tool to support my journey.
- Do nothing. Learn how to create a scared space and do not a damn thing. Nothing at all. Just chill. More here.
Since this gal is a BOSS I also need immediate self help strategies when I am feeling overwhelmed or consumed by change in real time.
- Stop, close your eyes & breath.
- Slowly in & out with concentrated effort for at least 3 times.
- Slowly is the key word.
- Take big breaths that start in your belly expanding up your spinal column, vertebra by vertebra, reversing on the exhale.
- Add words like gratitude on the inhale while smiling on the exhale. This is always a crowd favorite.
Cultural changes are the hardest. I was raised with tradition being the foundation of who you are.
My conscious living lifestyle stood to create huge cultural change & it scared me.
Then I remembered step #1: Evolution.
I became the change. The change did not happen to me it is me.
Please give feedback, share this shit or not. I would love to know what speaks to you or not.
You get my drift.
Thanks for being here. Subscribe if you have not. Comes out every Wednesday!
By: V Capaldi You had to see it coming! The last 3 weeks the blog is all about detoxing. I will eventually get over it, but for right now I really hope you will stick with me on this topic of detox.
How the "F" do you detox your life?
For many of us a starting point is beyond comprehension and for others we believe we have no need for a life detox. No matter where you see yourself in this spectrum I can almost guarantee the list below will speak to all of us. One thing I have learned both personally and professionally is that many of us share the same internal dialogue that can lead to negative outcomes in life. Often all are a result of cultural norms and/or societal pressures that occur in our subconscious.
There is no question the following list will serve as a perfect reminder for all of us to live our best life toxic free. The greatest part is they have all been tested by the miracle known as PaleoBOSS Lady®. #damnit
Top 5 Tips To Detox Your Life:
- Check Yourself: Shit is not always about you. When we find ourselves feeling insulted or offended when someone does not call us back or respond to a text right away, when we did not get the invite to something we thought we should and blah blah blah...we need to put our shit in check because that thinking means your current life lens thinks the entire world only revolves around you. Hello! Life is not always focused on our needs when others make their choices. We have no idea where someone may be emotionally or what their needs may or may not be with each interaction. We are all only responsible for ourselves and what we need and everyone gets to decide for themselves no matter what. Trust me. Stop it.
- Give & Take: One sided shit sucks. If you are acting that way stop it now. If someone in your life is create change to stop it now. The 'give a shit' ratio needs to be present on both sides. Not necessarily equal, but present for a truly non-toxic relationship. Many of us have a handful in our circle that do not meet this criteria and we question it. Next time you question it, cut it off. A toxic bye bye. The end.
- Know Your Motivation: Stop the bullshit of "All I have done for them and they do nothing back." If you are doing shit because you want something in return than you are toxic. Do stuff because you want to. Come from a place of genuine desire and the returns come as a result of that energy. The type of energy you put into the universe is what comes back. Many call it Karma. Engaging in conversation about our own internal motivations when you do things for others will stop this toxic thinking. Be honest or you are wasting your time. Damn it.
- #1 Status: You have to have #1 status in YOUR life. What a freaking concept to put yourself 1st. This idea was so hard for me to overcome and many battles fought in the therapy chair over this I can promise you. Yet once I finally got out of my own damn way the miracle of my life really started to unfold before my eyes. I became a better everything as a result and believe this is a huge 1st step. Remember we only have to answer to ourselvesand what our body, mind and spirit need to thrive in a morally conscious way. F everyone else. Jump on this shit.Now.
- Gratitude: Putting time aside each day to see life through a place of gratitude is key. This allows for so many toxins to leave life. I am personally blessed because since childhood for the most part I wake up happy every day. However in my adult life this is not always the case and often has required concontrated effort. Today when I struggle to find a sense of gratitude I take it back to the breath with personal & invigorating often exaggerated breathing mantra's that support my detox life:
Suggested Mantra's of Gratitude:
With each breath in say the 1st word and on a forced exhale say the 2nd all in your minds eye;
Breathing in love and out hate...
*I may or may not have fun getting really loud & exaggerated on the exhale. Similar to how I did when I was in kindergarten and we sang songs. I would scream with joy. The end. #ohitgetswild
Now that you see the list one can quickly notice all of us might fall prey to this toxic list. #doubledamnit
It is almost impossible to incorporate any of these without a conscious effort. As someone who is very self motivated I can tell you that although each step is now automatic it starting by putting 3 minutes aside to do mantra's and growing from there. Even from the start this exercise can produce HUGE results, but you have to do it.
Once again the moral of the story is if you own your life great shit happens such as living a miracle life. This gal is living proof and the above are my TOP 5 Tips.
How about we all share my blog with every single person you have ever met?
Okay if that is too radical you can make sure to subscribe and not miss another weekly episode of nonsense, maybe post it somewhere as a nice gesture of love, support and BAMness at the same time.
Together I am hoping to raise the roof on life and living by questioning the status quo. Time to say "Bye bye Autopilot life & hello BAM!"
Hello miracles. #BAM
By: V Capaldi I am doing my 1st Whole Life Challenge and loving it. 8 weeks of clean eating all in an effort to stop my addiction to honey.
Yes folks I have a honey addiction.
It used to be jars upon jars of honey. Now we have no longer maintained that level of addiction, but having honey in my diet often is not a good look for this body.
Yearly after the holiday honey feast I do a detox. This year and probably next it is a Whole Life Challenge which means my lifestyle is clean and mean right now. However I still like to have an after dinner treat no matter how much I detox.
Here is my latest "go-to" treat that is sweet with nothing added beyond what mother nature puts in the fruit.
Simple and fun to make for the whole damn family. I like to set up a topping bar and let everyone have fun creating their favorite treats:
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 4 Sliced Organic Apples (remember these have a HIGH pesticide load so organic is important if you can)
- 60z 100% Organic Dark Chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Suggested Toppings: Shredded Coconut, Cacao Nibs, Cacao Powder, Cinnamon
- Line tray with parchment paper.
- Slice apples and set on trays.
- Set up desired toppings in bowls.
- Melt oil and chocolate together.
- Drizzle melted mixture over apples adding desired toppings.
- Place in refrigerator for minimum of 20 minutes and enjoy.
PaleoBOSS Lady has been honored to offer Whole Life Challenge original recipe and video content to up your volume. Click here to check out our work together.
By: V CapaldiThe government does not regulate the cosmetic industry to protect the public from products and harmful chemicals.
Heck they do not care about our food why would they care about our skincare?
Have you ever read the ingredient list of skincare products? If so, do you understand what you are reading?
Similar to food if you cannot identify the ingredient you probably should not eat it. If you do not know what an ingredient is in a skincare product maybe you should not put it on your skin.
What a freaking concept right?
The average skincare product has over 15 chemicals most of which have toxic, negative effects on our health and yet we never hear about this. Ever.
Obtaining knowledge coupled with how you respond is a powerful tool and I offer this information hoping you will respond with your health and no longer apply these toxins to your skin.
Top Toxin List:
- Parabens: Known to cause cancer and found in shampoos, scrubs, lipstick and many cosmetics
- Artificial Fragrance: Potential Neurotoxins that interfere with your immune system and found in many skincare creams, perfumes, shampoos and more.
- Artificial Dye: Many are known carcinogens and used in nail polish, lipsticks, eye shadow and many cosmetics that have color.
- Synthetic Co-polymer: Known irritant to skin and used in many hair & nail care products.
- Imidazolidinyl Urea: This chemical releases formaldehyde while remaining on the skin hours after applied and a known carcinogen used in deodorant, shaving creams and masks.
- PEG compounds: Used in many creams and known to cause cancer.
Top 9 De-Tox Skincare Tips:
- Coconut oil:This is the magic elixir of life. From cooking to skincare this stuff rules. I literally plow through gallons of this stuff. I make my toothpaste with it, use it as a face & body moisturizer, sun screen, shaving oil and so much more. Literally the list is almost endless here.
- Essential oils: Have been using this as perfume, in my toothpaste, diffusing to freshen the air, as a spray for sheets at night for a fresh scent and good nights rest.
- Vitamin E: I may or may not have been know to pop open the capsules and wipe the vitamin E directly on cuts, sores, bruises. You can purchase Vitamin E oil in bulk and it is perfect for any skin issue.
- Sugar Scrubs:My great friends at Nutiva have you covered so click here for easy DIY recipes.
- Deodorant:Give that shit up. Forget about it. Toxic poison. Throw some Witch Hazel under your pits if you need to or super hot days. I love the smell of my body sweating. The end.
- Shea Butter: Makes a great skincare moisturizer and adding essential oils makes it even more fun.
- Nail Polish: Ditch it the stuff is so toxic. The remover the worst. Since you may not and I have been known from time to time I recommend Mineral Fusion and the colors are rad.
- Oil Pulling: If you are not doing this you need to start. Nothing I can say will express how effective and amazing oil pulling is for your gum health, breath, teeth and mouth in general. Not sure how to do it? Read here.
- Water:I wash my body and face with water. Straight up and it works and cleans my skin. Imagine that.
- Bone Broth: Replace hand Sanitizer with bacteria. Stop going crazy over germs and keep your gut flora healthy. The use of hand Sanitizer is a consumer driven ideal and bacteria is the new black (free flavored bone broth recipes by clicking here).
Once again I would love to think all of you are going to create a non-toxic skincare routine tomorrow, but we know this is not the case. As luck would have it I ran into someone who already thought all about this.
Can I digress for a moment? #damnit
A few years back at my 1st PaleoFX convention I split a cab with someone who I thought was a stranger, but then they looked really familiar once in the cab. I even looked familiar to them. After a few minutes of geography with the where, who, when and why we both came to realize we did know each other. In a former life we both worked at a very large burn treatment center in Pennsylvania. Trina was a Nurse Anesthetist and I was a Respiratory Therapist and quickly we were reminded of how small the world is and how far we both have come from where we were to now.
Any who ~ the moral of the story is she is the founder and CEO of Primal Life Organics which is a skincare line that is toxin FREE! It was my 1st step into changing my skincare narrative. Today I still keep a healthy supply of the following products:
Top 5 Primal Life Organics Picks:
Dirty Mouth Serum: I hate the dentist. Did I mention I hate going to the dentist? This stuff keeps me home and not in a dental chair even with my horrific teeth. I add it to my DIY toothpaste and brush with it on the solo. Amazing stuff.
Dirty Mouth Powder: Before the DIY me I used this and loved it. My favorite flavor is Anise. Whatever you do please stop using over the counter toothpaste.
Cheek Stain: I freaking love, love, love this stuff. The video about it is cool too. It lasts forever and I feel like a real female warrior wearing it because it is from mother nature.
Pit Stick: Before I began loving my own fresh scent (LMAO) this was my shit. Freaking love the coconut the most. Lasts forever too.
Sun Up: This before skin protector is the perfect protector. I have tried it and tested it in the LA sun. This BOSS although Italian I burn baby burn in the sun and I can vouch for this product.
Please consider stopping the application of toxic chemicals to your body in the name of skin care and cosmetics. There are options out there that can offer the same results without causing cancer, illness and permanent damage to our bodies. I urge you to PLEASEquestion your status quo and up your volume regarding what you put on your skin in the name of beauty.
By: V Capaldi Not going to lie it took me a few years of living a conscious life regarding food, movement and mindfulness before I started to look at the products I used in my home. Little did I know I was continuing to expose my body to high levels of carcinogens. In 2012 the Environmental Working Group (EWG) released a list of the most toxic chemical ridden house cleaning products and even those that say natural and safe are not.
Did you know that over 50% of household products contain harmful ingredients? Many of them carcinogens?
People ask me all the time about my road to health and miracle life status. As a Wahls Warrior I am very strict about what foods enter my body and eat supporting my cellular health. However food is one part of the equation. Lifestyle and day to day choices are the reason for my miracle status. My life is 100% conscious. There is nothing that happens in a day without thought and conscious awareness.
Questioning the status quo is ultimately responsible for my miracle life.
I find it harder and harder to keep my mouth quiet about the level of toxic exposure I see in what people eat, products they use in their home and on their body. In 2015 I made it my business to find products that were safe, effective and did not break the bank. This effort is not easy and I learned the hard way once again that packaging lies. My entire house was filled with store brand 'green products' where once I scratched the surface I learned these were marketed to me based on lies.
This blog post is to help you navigate how to detox your home!
Top Toxin List:
- Triclosan: Most hand soaps labeled 'antibacterial" which is a probable carcinogen
- Phthalatese: Anything fragrant even toilet paper
- Perchloroethylene: Spot and stain removers
- Quarternary Ammonium Compounds: Fabric softeners
- 2-Butoxyethanol: Cleaners from kitchen to window
- Ammonia: Cleaners for bathroom & kitchen
- Chlorine: Mildew removers, whiteners and drinking water
- Sodium Hydroxide: Oven and drain cleaners
Top 5 De-Toxic Cleaning Tips:
- Vinegar: This is a great household cleaning product that is non-toxic, cost effective and gets the job done. Add to a bucket of warm water to mop floors to a sparkle. Use with newspaper on windows for a wow moment.
- Essential oils: Vinegar, warm water & add a few drops to a spray bottle and get busy all around the home!
- Tea Tree oil is my go too for killing germs and keeping my house on point.
- Lavender oil is my fragrance maker and adds calming effects all over my house. Great to spritz on your pillow before bedtime too.
- Peppermint oil keeps the bugs away in a healthy wonderful smelling way.
- Baking soda: This can make a powerful cleaning paste to help get out tough stains from ovens, toilet bowls and tile.
- Lemon: Add to warm water for a great kitchen and appliance cleaner. Love to clean my refrigerator using this mixture
- Bon Ami: Coconut and palm oil cleaner that works great and keeps my sinks and tubs shining bright.
It would be great to think all of you are now going to completely change how you care for your house and begin many DIY projects to make that happen. If in case this does not happen I am happy to report I have done the hard work for you and identified products I can 100% stand behind to use safely in your home, with your family and yourself. Grab Green: These products clean effectively, safely and are perfect in every way. I have been testing them since October 2015 and have not been disappointed at all.
Here are my TOP 5 Grab Green Picks:
Garbage Disposal LOVING: I know you can do a lemon, but I live in a rental and even when I owned never really trust the disposal for hard core skins like lemon. I even had a disposal that was supposed to chew a penny and it made terrible noises when I put lemon down. These are my soft, fluffy sweet smelling toxin free alternative. Love once a week showing the disposal some loving.
Laundry Pod POW: They get the job done and what I like the most is the shit dissolves people. OMG I am so over getting my clothes out of the laundry with detergent clumps. You know what I am talking about. I live where my laundry does not even offer hot water or warm and these suckers work magic. I get unscented and highly recommend this. My kid I gave a set of stuff at Christmas to open her mind to a toxic house and she loves this and even commented. Which is saying something.
Bleach Alternative BAM:Okay remember I am a 5 STAR **** rated Cozymeal chef?!?! Well part of my job is washing aprons. White freaking aprons after folks have been in a cooking competition which often they have no idea they are coming too. Wine has been involved all, but one class too. These suckers come to me looking like a war was fought. Which it kind of was, but I digress. Damn it. Any who! White, sparkling and good as new every time with this action happening. Jump on this shit and say bye bye bleach or I will hunt you down. It is so toxic. (Funny small picture here due to being 100% technically challenged. Double damn it.)
Dish Soap DYNAMITE: This shit lathers! It really does. I hate to admit but the toxic free stuff typically doesn't and I miss the bubbles. Those tiny bubbles are the fun of dish washing. I do not have a dishwasher and can tell you that when you teach food for a living it sucks when you do not have bubbles. I digress again. Grease cutting, wonderful smelling and a bubble making BAM for this dish soap.
Long story short it is time to really start questioning the status quo regarding your home and what you are exposing yourselves too. The risk you are taking to be clean! Go outside and roll in the dirt. That is how I am living life OUTSIDE!
By: V Capaldi Not much amazes me with my liberal anything goes hippie lens, but this one really does. Most of society wake up to the sound of an alarm and hate it. Even if it is their favorite song, the smell of coffee it does not matter the mere sound of something telling you 'it's time to wake up' is met with dread. Yet we still do this day in and day out.
Society and consumer driven ideal's have tricked us into thinking our favorite song or the 'snooze' feature is the cure.
Why not train your body to wake up each day when you need it too? What a concept right?
It can be done and I am certain many other than me have done and are doing this. A favorite professor I had in my BA studies shared he vowed NEVER to wake from an alarm and I thought shit I like that idea, but how the heck do I do it? Who does that? Well after years of trial and error this gal does that! #BAM
Like shaving my hair this is one of the most liberating things I have ever done!
Lets get started:
- Higher Purpose: Freaking have a reason to wake up that you love! Can we all just please start here! Define your higher purpose and live a life driven with that goal always in the mind's eye. Long gone of the days of autopilot living. With a global world that is technology driven we can all pretty much define our lives by location, desires and purpose. If you have not begun this process I would recommend a few of my former blog posts to help support your journey:http://paleobosslady.com/vision-board-to-reality-in-5-easy-steps/ and http://paleobosslady.com/how-to-meditate-in-5-easy-steps/
- Love the sun and moon. Literally begin to adjust your life to the cycles of the sun and moon: a circadian rhythm. This allows your body to start automatically producing the hormones you need based on light and darkness. Establish a rhythm to life and sleeping that mirrors the sun rise and set always accounting for seasons and cycles. In the winter I personally sleep later as the sun comes up later. Spring I will gradually transition to earlier mornings.
- Mindfulness: Listen folks you cannot outrun the need for this in your damn life. Stop focusing only on food & fitness & ignoring mindfulness. There are so many ways to make this happen with all of them as always defined by you. Work in the garden, go fishing, take a walk, light a candle and even do nothing giving conscious thought to simply nothing. You must create space for this to happen.
- Trust and be patient. It has taken me about 18 months of real dedicated work where I finally have 'no back up alarm' set. Just in case I used to set one, but my body adjusted even for those rare 4am flights I sometimes have to take. Amazing to even consider this reality, but it is true so once I knew that no more alarm was needed no matter what I chose to rely on pure faith only & it is working. I am officially waking up real cave man style now I guess.
- Blue ray blockers: Invest in amber googles and consider setting stop periods for blue light exposure before bed. This is a hard thing to incorporate and yet I tell you the benefits for sleep, reading and down time are HUGE! Jump on this shit and make it a part of your life no matter what. Stop the sleep aid pill popping madness and own you shit by trying this on for size.
- Get moving: Make sure you are moving every damn day. Somehow time has to be dedicated to movement. Your body needs it to function properly and it also is a helpful sleep aid. Get moving if you are not already. Start with 5 minutes and build steps that are sustainable and real.
We all know the best things in life take time like a fine wine, a first kiss and some of the best things need to be 'nurtured' to happen properly. Once you cross the 'bye bye alarm clock' chasam you will be proud every time you wake up! This truly is an amazing life changing achievement and narrative flip. Get some and #upYOURvolume
Love what I say?
Think I am full of shit?
Learn some new idea?
Whatever it is please consider subscribing to my blog & let us get conscious together. BAM!
By: V Capaldi I must admit that I find myself often getting mad at me when I realize how many times I take things I do for granted. I work so hard to share my life while being conscious and yet I still am not perfect. #damnit
One of the things I have somehow always had even as a young child was the awareness and ability to create and have a sacred space. As a kid I decorated my bedroom each month making it my personal retreat even though I shared the room with my sister. It was very clear when you entered the room where the sacred space was.
My sacred space was were "I" lived whenever I was not outside playing with friends.
My childhood home was dysfunctional to say the least. Filled with addiction, violence and mental disorders gone wild.
"Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again."
This year for the 1st time I realized how for so many the idea of sacred space is a new concept. #doubledamnit
As with most of my tips and tricks in the infamous "Bag of Tricks" I recommend a 100% no rules allowed policy when defining a sacred space. If you read my blogs you will notice a common theme and that is you get to set the rules on how you interpret your life. Who am I to say what constitutes your sacred space? I can however give you insight into how to get started to begin creating a sacred space:
How to Create a Sacred Space in 3 Easy Steps
1. Ask the question: As in most new concepts I chose the outcome driven approach. Looking 1st to my desired outcome and working back.
- Is it a place?
- In your mind's eye?
- How is it accessible?
What was the 1st thing that you thought of when you heard sacred space? Often answering this is a great starting point.
2. Try it on: Once you have identified a thought or two concerning your sacred space try that shit on, take it for a test run, whatever it is get going. I happen to be someone who has moved a lot counting over 19 times in my 52+ years. Each time within a month of moving I have progressed to this step.
An example would be: when I moved from living on the beach to near the beach I knew my daily access to "my sacred space" was going to be in trouble. It took me a few weeks of trying new versions of 'going to the beach' to finally hit a system that supported finding my space.
3. Visit often: Like a new pair of shoes I often try them out before the 1st day of a good wear I recommend you check your shit out. I personally wear a new pair of shoes for 'short' outings or around the house for a minute before a full day. Breaking them in for me always a learned necessary step. Same holds true for a sacred space. You gotta try this shit out and see how it feels.
If you have to search for "you" than it probably is not the best look is my gut. You know a sacred space.
For me personally I share my sacred space with the waters edge, my yoga mat and a 'cozy' moment created on-demand using essential oils, candles, angel cards and music. I know the perfect locations, sequence, oils and so on to allow space for me to find me.
The miracle known as PaleoBOSS Lady believes having a sacred space is essential to all of our own miracle reality.
Where is yours?
Would love to hear...
If you have not subscribed to my blog I would love for you to consider. I can guarantee this newsletter comes out once a week and twice in December. Otherwise that is it.
Not filling up your mailbox with anything other than shit that matters with a delightful irreverent twist splashed with hippee!
Namaste you bastards! #ohitgetswild
By: V Capaldi Okay so doubters, haters & shit talkers simmer down now. I am certainly not little miss spiritual, but I am 100% mindful.
It all started for me back in 1996 when I owned a store called Sanity. It was an award winning version of PaleoBOSS Lady that lived in Delaware over 20 years ago. Everyone thought I was a head shop. I digress. #damnit.
Oracle Cards from Doreen Virtue were one of the longest and best selling products at Sanity. This deck of cards still to this day is a huge tool in my "Bag of Tricks" and leads me in so many ways it is worthy of a blog post.
Yearly Angel Reading: Do not let the term 'yearly' in any way define a start date. It is a year from whatever day you chose it to be. The fact that I am writing this blog at the beginning of the new year is because I know many use this time like I do to set intentions. I am hoping this may capture some who are in this process.
A 12 month reading for me gives me guidance with intention and purpose. It allows me to apply a directed focus in an often broken record style mindset. This years reading I am especially excited about and believe the angels have guided my journey so strong in the last few weeks presenting the archangels almost daily. This 12 month reading for me I felt needed to be heard loud and clear knowing all of the archangels have been by my side telling me I got this and it is time to go GF & make shit happen.
V's 12 Month Oracle Card Reading:
- January: Harmony
- February: Children
- March: Freedom
- April: Spiritual Growth (attention/resisting/upside down)
- May: Listening
- June: Dreams (attention/resisting/upside down)
- July: Friendship
- August: Miracles (attention/resisting/upside down)
- September: Focus (attention/resisting/upside down)
- October: Forgiveness (attention/resisting/upside down)
- November: New Love
- December: Body Care (attention/resisting/upside down)
Daily (or almost) 1 Card Reading:If you have not figured this out I have a touch of OCD mixed with ADHD. With this comes a hard time focusing on stuff for longer than a second it seems some days. I have a very chatty mind full of energetic idea's that sometimes result in nothing good. Sometimes the chatter is filled with things that have no business being in my head like fear, worry and negative thoughts. Angel readings solve this for me. Literally.
I actually learned this in the 12 step program. My mom was an addict and I went to Al-Anon where they talked about "Let go and let God." I struggled with this greatly being the chief enabler and care taker of the addict. My sponsor gave me a shoe box with strips of paper and a pencil. He told me to write those types of worries on the paper and put in the box. Once the worry was in the box I gave it to God and no longer was allowed to think of it. Ever. If I got confused all I had to do was open the box to remind myself I had broken my own promise to myself which was unacceptable.
Using the angel cards gives me a focus. Enough so that when negative talk or lack of purpose strikes I remind myself of my card. This is my focus, purpose and intention for the day. No need to fill my head with the other stuff which was not serving me. Filling my head with the angels message is healing and helping my journey in more than words. I literally feel like Dumbo with the feather. Feeling the angels by my side offers comfort and security in my journey without identifying higher power beyond energy. I like that.
3 Card Reading:Each card representing a past, present and future however not in such a literal sense. I try and do this weekly as a focus of the week question to my angels. I feel it allows me to reflect, be present and take a quick look into the future.
Each time I do a reading I set a scared space which typically for me means something is burning: essential oils, incense and/or candles. Lights are dim with the energy in the room open to the angels and their message. Takes about 5 minutes to have the stage be set for this experience for me. I have a little section in my dining room cabinet with all of my scared space needs so I am ready in a flash.
Each one of these tools are a big part of my mindfulness work. For many it seems mindfulness is the hardest part. Not sure if you have considered work like this before and hope this blog helps inspire you along your conscious journey. However you get there PLEASE know that mindfulness work is essential to a miracle life. You cannot get around it, but you certainly get to define it.
Here are a few of my favorite and most read blogs offering additional idea's for mindfulness tools:
By: V CapaldiWelcome 2016! Happy Holidays everyone! I want to thank all of you for a wonderful 2015 that has been filled with so many amazing outcomes I cannot even begin to collect them all together in my mind without feeling overwhelmed with gratitude!
A few highlights of 2015:
- The Brand of PBL has grown to reach over 50K daily and 1 million weekly.
- Chef V has become a sought after 5 Star Cozymeal Chef serving over 100 plates this holiday season!
- Started signing my name: V, Wahls Team Member
- Officially began working with both Dr. Terry Wahls and Zach Wahls
- Was filmed for 2 movies about my miracle life set to release in 2016
- Launched the Up Your Volume Webinar Series
- Spoke at The Wahls Symposium in August on motivation and movement
- Won the Food Babe Video Contest
- Was sponsored for a trip to Ecuador to learn about organic, sustainable farming
- Attended PaleoFX with my roommate Dr. Terry Wahls (OMG)
- Lived for 5 days with Dr. Terry Wahls and family in Iowa in October
- Co-wrote and launched the Wahls Coaching Program with Dr. Terry Wahls
Needless to say the above alone has me 8 feet tall and that is just a small list of 2015 realized!
Anyone that knows me knows that Vision Boardingis a huge part of my higher purpose journey. This year I have decided to offer a Virtual Vision Boarding Webinar!
Mark your calendars for December 30th at 9am PST!
Sign up & grab whatever supplies you need to join me for a 90 minute webinar mapping out 2016.
Theme of Webinar:"If we got it right, in 1 year, what would my life look like!"
Included in the Webinar:
Short Talk from PBL
Collective Energy Push
Allow yourself to consider the collective power of such focused energy to help raise the roof on your goals for 2016! Join the community of PBL and lets map our visions for 2016 together!
Here is one of my most read blog posts to help inspire your journey: http://paleobosslady.com/vision-board-to-reality-in-5-easy-steps/
Up your volume in 2016!
By: V Capaldi Whoever in their right mind would have pinned me a rated 5 star ***** chef at the age of 52+?
Are you kidding me my bedtime is 8pm. The role of chef is kicking it up at notch at 8pm. Still figuring this out.
For the last month through the company Cozymeal I have had the pleasure of sharing a Paleo kitchen with almost 100 people. These engaging, interactive classes have been a whirlwind surprise, wonderful journey & just plan fun.
As "Chef V" I specialize in corporate team building events and could not be happier. The groups of community I get to engage with in this role are uplifting, inspiring and offer everyone an all around good time. In addition my years of building small companies and studies in community psychology offer a truly rich experience.
Most groups insist on a competition element which I LOVE! Imagine if you will Iron Chef meets Survivor.
Each Corporate Team Building Cooking Class with Chef V includes:
- Active Engagement
- Timed & Measured Outcomes
- Thankfulness Reception
- Closing Dance Party
Can I tell you folks take this seriously every time. Which jazzes the Philly Italian girl/chef in me.
As in life this role of "Chef " teaches me life lessons at every event. The inspiration/lessons I am gaining in the kitchen with others is where I am feeling the most personal growth as " Chef V". Watching varied communities use ingredients in different ways, marrying things in a way and/or preparing in a way I never thought have been a strong personally full-filling part as a teaching chef with Cozymeal.
Ever wonder how to get to a place you never dreamed?
Thought about doing something yet believing it is impossible?
If so, try my TOP 5 BAM Outcome Rules:
- Peek into every door
- Never limit yourself
- Open your mind
- Create space for the process
- Believe in yourself
This week I was inspired by a client from The Four Seasons Hotel who participated in a team building cooking class with me. For years I have been dipping things in chocolate & adding ingredients to stick to the chocolate. This weeks team simply melted & mixed everything together. This process created a different taste, texture and dessert using the same ingredients I had for years and it creating a tasty new dessert. These delicious dipped strawberries won the competition!
The only negative comment was the dish was ugly. Straight up not pretty. Not going to lie. #damnit
Food has got to be pretty is my story.
So I thought all day yesterday and at some point yesterday found myself in the kitchen with this recipe in my mind. I will be damn if it is not tasty and gorgeous.
Simply perfect for holiday entertaining and SIMPLE!
So damn easy breezy it is ridic is all I am saying. Holiday BAM!
The end. You are welcome.
Take pics & post. Damn it.
Coconut Chocolate Pucks w/ Whipped Cream & Fresh Organic Berries
Sugar & Dairy FREE
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Coconut Manna
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Organic strawberries
- optional 5 drops peppermint oil (yes please)
- Whip entire can of coconut milk and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Melt all ingredients together except strawberries mixing well over low heat.
- Using a cupcake pan or desired candy/ice tray or vessel of choice add mixture. Line with coconut oil if not using a non-stick pan.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator for 4 hours and pop out pucks when ready to serve.
- It is recommended to let sit for about 5 minutes before popping out of vessel.
- Place puck on serving dish, add a dollop of whipped coconut milk topped with berries and enjoy!
- I pick up the puck and eat like a nut butter cup with whipped cream on top. So good. So good. So good.
- Perfect to throw in your bag for mid-day yumfest is also a good look.
Share with others so we can work on a real food movement together.
Chocolate is the gateway 'drug' & bacon.
Do not kill the messenger.
How about today you subscribe to my blog. Double damn it.
Happy Holidays! I am excited to share a new change in the format of things at PBL. We have decided to change our Friday Friends to Saturday Social. In essence this will be a our 1st publication as Saturday Social. Applause!
Since we like to share companies we love & people doing great things Saturday seemed the best day to capture your attention for such inspiring content. Rather than Friday thoughts of running out for happy hour we hope our Saturday posts find you sipping coffee or tea and relaxing in your space.
This 1st post touches all of our hearts at PBL because it is from someone who has lived in my heart for decades. Enjoy!
Up your volume,
PBL & Gidget
We've been on a mission here at Team PBL to find conscious gifts, mindfulness tools, and daily pick-me-ups that can add joy and good energy to our daily lives. So we're really excited to introduce you to Get Karmic... a conscious company that's all about paying it forward, giving the gift of good energy, and reminding us that we receive the energy that we put out into the world.
We've known the founder for many years, and have been so excited to see her company grow from a dream to reality. The core mission of Get Karmic is totally in line with the PBL vibe:
"Make lemonade when life hands you lemons… and then share the lemonade.
We are about choosing to show up to life with our better selves, pushing the good out from ourselves, and creating a positive ripple effect in the universe.
We are about changing lives – our own and others - one good deed at a time."
Karma Cards are based on the idea that small acts of kindness can create big change.
Typically, the small opportunities to be of help and service to others present themselves more frequently and you are more likely to notice them.
If you’re more likely to notice these opportunities, then you are more likely to take action to be of help and service. And that’s the whole point. The more acts of help and service and kindness you do during your day, the more good Karma you receive and accrue in your life. It’s that simple.
Make no mistake; the smallest gestures of help and kindness you show to others throughout the day are just as powerful a force for generating good Karma as the largest gesture.
Acting to be of help and service to others takes us out of ourselves. When we step out of our self-centered, ego driven focus, that’s when the magic of good Karma happens! - Clair, Creator & Founder of Get Karmic
So what exactly IS a Karma Card?
This line of Karmic Greeting Cards takes that philosophy and starts by giving you the tools to pay it forward. For example: The birthday Karma Greeting Card contains a keepsake karma card for the recipient, one for them to give away, and a surprise bonus card for extra good energy! The idea is that you pass the good vibes along to someone who may need them.
What Makes a Karma Card Even More Awesome?!
Get Karmic will be donating a portion of proceeds to charities focused on feeding & educating those in need, as well as caring for animals in need. So each time you buy a Karma Card, you are not only sending great energy out into the world, you are making a contribution to bettering someone's life right now. I'd say that's one small step in making the world a better place! Talk about Upping Your Volume!
Check out our Get Karmic Giveaway on Instagram!
$50 worth of Karma Card products to help you get started on sharing the love.
The giveaway ends today at 9pm PST, so jump on it peeps!!
If you like what you are reading would you please consider subscribing to our blogs?
We can promise not to jam your email and talk nonsense.
We can also promise to keep it real and curse from time to time.
Join us and Up Your Volume! Namaste friends.
By V Capaldi
How is that for a blog post title? Kinda sums up my life right now. 2 years ago this week I stood up for my beliefs and person and made the decision to follow my heartand passion to lead a conscious life. This gal said goodbye to the idea that healthcare is only for those who can afford it and embarked on a healthcare is self-care life. In typical V fashion, November 2013 I jumped and decided to see if my Bag of Tricks was filled with enough tools to lead an empowered life.
Today the brand of PaleoBOSS Lady™ (PBL) shares tools of empowerment with over
50, 000 people daily & growing!
Happy 2nd Anniversary to PBL!
I could not be more excited, proud and certain of the direction the brand known as PaleoBOSS Lady™ is heading. Literally the movement is growing everyday with opportunities continuing to present themselves that continue to spread the PBL message in an accessible culturally relevant way.
The cultural norm is what the brand of PBL questions every day.
A huge message of the brand is sharing with others how to change their narrative. One narrative we would like to change is that 25% of children are taking medication in America.
Are you really okay with this? Children are our hope to sustainable change.
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” Hippocrates
The brand of PBL takes us back to the kitchen offering experiences beyond eating. Mediums like the soon to be released South Philly Paleo Cookbook shares food, family and culture in a way that not only provides insight, recipes and games, but begins to lay the foundation for others to envision their cultural path to consciousness.
PBL had the opportunity to be filmed for a movie that will share my life story. This film is set to release April 2016 in 1100 theaters worldwide and is beyond surreal. During the filming I lived with Dr. Wahls & her family where she ntroduced me to a dessert that is simply out of this world: Squash Pudding. This sugar and dairy free dessert was delicious and super easy to make.
Dr. Terry Wahls Squash Pudding (adapted from memory)
- 1 roasted butternut squash
- 1/4 cup 100% organic cacao powder
- 1/4 cup organic cinnamon & pinch
- 5 organic dried prunes
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon local raw honey
- Dash of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Filtered water
- Put one can of coconut in refrigerator for up to 4 hours with 24 being ideal.
- Add all ingredients, but refrigerated coconut milk to Vitamix/blender of choice until creamy and mixed.
- Add water to desired consistency.
- Spoon into cups and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- 5 minutes before serving take canned coconut milk from the refrigerator placing all, but the liquid into a mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer whip into a cream adding honey and pinch of cinnamon.
- When ready to serve add whipped cream to the top with cinnamon sprinkles if you like.
Dr. Wahls used a Vitamix to make the pudding and I will be using a Cuisinart.
Enjoy and post pictures of your creations using #squashpudding!Great for holiday entertaining too! Guests will love it.