By: V Capaldi When you are 100% Italian you grow up enjoying fennel and this is my story.
I love to add fennel this time of year to many dishes and now that I am known as "Chef V" working with Cozymeal I serve fennel a lot learning that for many it is their 1st experience eating this flavorful veggie.
Fennel is also used to make liqueur & how my family was known to get their fennel on. Part of our charm!
It was a real treat to have it served as a side dish. Not a part of my family holiday traditions yet a part of my modern day holiday traditions. I like to include fennel to any holiday meal!
My great grandmother: Mom
Enjoy this FREE recipe from my newly updated e-cookbook: Paleo Perfect Holidays!
- Avocado oil or desired fat
- Balsamic vinegar
- 6 medium fennel bulbs
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove stalks & cut bulbs into 1 inch lengthwise pieces or you can peel the bulb to create an almost chip
- Coat in avocado oil & balsamic vinegar.
- Add S&P to taste.
- Line baking sheet w/ parchment paper
- Place fennel on baking sheet.
- Roast for about 45 minutes until desired.
- It is recommended to allow the fennel to caramelize for best flavor!
Grab a full collection of family recipes turned Paleo Perfect with this newly updated e-cookbook from your favorite Italian miracle. For the cost of a latte you get recipes filled with history, culture and taste beyond compare! Click here and grab your copy today!