By: V Capaldi
Knew this headline would raise an eyebrow or two. Hang on because this is exactly what we are going to be talking about.
How to touch yourself!
Funny how many have never really touched themselves.
I mean really touched their entire body. Every inch of it from head to toe.
"Touching myself slowly, with feeling, honor and respect are a daily ritual in the life of this miracle & have been essential to my current miracle status."
Living in complete conversation with your body sits at the core of any miracle life. Without mutual respect coupled with extreme self love miracle status is not accessible. The end.
I am always aware of my bodies needs because I ask it daily & assess throughout the day.
When was the last time you...
- Knew what it felt like on the right side of your body vs your left?
- Assessed if movements on each limb offer the same result on each side?
- Became consciously aware of both sides of your body noting if they offer the same feelings?
- Noticed if your strength is equal on both sides of your body?
- Noted what happens if you walk on your toes?
- Became aware of what happens if you walk on your heels?
- Stood on your toes? If so, do you need to hold on?
- Touched your toes? Can you touch your toes?
- Touched your jaw, face or cheek bones? What did you notice?
- Became aware of what each finger feels like when you touch it? Each toe?
- Felt your ears & around your head?
- Rubbed your elbows & knees to see how they feel?
- Twirled your wrists & ankles in clockwise & counter-clockwise motions noting how they felt?
- Did a squat?
- Got up and down from a chair? the floor? What did it feel like?
Focused movements & consciousness of being are 2 key ingredients to a miracle status. How one brings this into daily routine is the journey we all get to decide.
"Dancing, yoga & self myo-fascial release with the intention setting power of angel cards are my "go-to" daily rituals that support conscious body awareness for this boss."
Dancing allows us to access physical & mental states in an effort to support our individual needs for the day. This fun & easy routine creates a perfect storm for self love & movement without the stigma attached to morning rise & shine exercise.
"If you ask & act while listening your body will speak with very clear messages. Responding is the powerful force that elevates one to true empowerment."
Dancing happily is the goal.
When this outcome is not accessible more down time may be needed with a strong potential need for increased mindfulness & breath work. When smiling at the mere thought of dancing you may want to focus the day's attention on area's of life that involve a more active role of your time. Viewing the day in such a manner shows the power of dance to play an important role as a valuable lifestyle tool.
My popular solo morning raves offer me a vehicle to customize a personal plan for the day to support my goals.
A morning dance session has the ability to rearrange an entire day of you are open to the possibility. Living with disease or not if a morning dance does not make your body & mind smile it might be time to stop, drop & rest.
If for whatever reason my body & mind do not appear to be aligned with the goals of the day without question a "day off" is granted. Last time I checked nothing matters more than a healthy body & mind which means allowing for down time an easy step in the role of a self loving goddess.
How to really touch yourself:
sit, stand, lay down. who cares. have water handy & drink it. now get busy touching yourself
- Align/comfortable/focused/shoulders down/chin & belly tucked/breath/head to sky/feet to ground/opposing energies/breathing/note/mentally/ spiritually/physically/relax
- Rotate wrists/feel/sounds/compare/reverse/repeat
- Knee to chest/breathing/note/repeat/both knees
- Hug yourself/hard/tight/feel/shoulders/down or up
- Hands above head/reaching sky/feels like
- Crown of head massage/ to base of skull/push/pinch/rub/note/compare sides
- Touch ears/pinch lobe/feel sensation
- Jaw line/pinch/chin to ear/feels like/repeat
- Head side to side/note/even/uneven/rotation/note/repeat
- Rotate head/clockwise/counter/feels
- Shoulder start/squeeze down to fingers/ feeling/both sides
- Fingers/pinch/3 spots/palm
- Feet/pinch/3 spots/rest of foot
- Rotate wrist/feels
- Legs to ankle/note/feel
- This entire process takes about 10 minutes done with intention
The longer you engage in touching yourself shorter focused time will be required.
I am uber body aware crediting both yoga & self myo-fasical release as the strongest tools in my "Bag of Tricks" supporting this.
Ready to raise the roof on life and living?
Subscribe to the weekly Oh it Gets Wild Newsletter.