By: V Capaldi Words cannot express my sheer joy in sharing this with all of you. Hoping to include this in the upcoming South Philly Paleo Cookbook set to release in 2016. The South Philly Paleo Cookbook is set to change the way families eat and celebrate food!
Team PBL loves to offer the community relevant content to support their conscious living journey and we hope that you will consider contributing to our crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo. Click here to get all the information.
- 2 cans organic full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup raw honey: local is best choice
- 1/4 cup organic cacao powder
- 1/3 cup Nutiva coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of organic cinnamon
- 1/2 bar of 100% dark chocolate
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- Fresh mint
- Day before making ice cream put one can of coconut milk in refrigerator
- Take dark chocolate and grind in mini-cuisinart or desired kitchen aid. (I like the consistency to be all different sizes so have fun with it.) Put aside.
- Take a saucepan adding all ingredients except refrigerated coconut milk, oil and dark chocolate.
- Heat over medium heat until blended.
- Once blended put aside stirring in oil and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Next add to loaf pan or container of choice.
- Let sit for 30 minutes adding 1/2 of shaved chocolate mixing through.
- Put in freezer and after 15 minutes sprinkle the remaining chocolate on top and freeze for up to 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving take refrigerated coconut milk and remove the top harder coconut milk part out leaving the fluid to drink later.
- Take a hand mixer or submersion blender and whip until creamy.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving adding a dollop of cream and a mint leaf on top.
Enjoy and happy entertaining season 2015!