By V Capaldi
How is that for a blog post title? Kinda sums up my life right now. 2 years ago this week I stood up for my beliefs and person and made the decision to follow my heart and passion to lead a conscious life. This gal said goodbye to the idea that healthcare is only for those who can afford it and embarked on a healthcare is self-care life. In typical V fashion, November 2013 I jumped and decided to see if my Bag of Tricks was filled with enough tools to lead an empowered life.
Today the brand of PaleoBOSS Lady™ (PBL) shares tools of empowerment with over
50, 000 people daily & growing!
Happy 2nd Anniversary to PBL!
I could not be more excited, proud and certain of the direction the brand known as PaleoBOSS Lady™ is heading. Literally the movement is growing everyday with opportunities continuing to present themselves that continue to spread the PBL message in an accessible culturally relevant way.
The cultural norm is what the brand of PBL questions every day.
A huge message of the brand is sharing with others how to change their narrative. One narrative we would like to change is that 25% of children are taking medication in America.
Are you really okay with this? Children are our hope to sustainable change.
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” Hippocrates
The brand of PBL takes us back to the kitchen offering experiences beyond eating. Mediums like the soon to be released South Philly Paleo Cookbook shares food, family and culture in a way that not only provides insight, recipes and games, but begins to lay the foundation for others to envision their cultural path to consciousness.
PBL had the opportunity to be filmed for a movie that will share my life story. This film is set to release April 2016 in 1100 theaters worldwide and is beyond surreal. During the filming I lived with Dr. Wahls & her family where she ntroduced me to a dessert that is simply out of this world: Squash Pudding. This sugar and dairy free dessert was delicious and super easy to make.
Dr. Terry Wahls Squash Pudding (adapted from memory)
- 1 roasted butternut squash
- 1/4 cup 100% organic cacao powder
- 1/4 cup organic cinnamon & pinch
- 5 organic dried prunes
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon local raw honey
- Dash of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Filtered water
- Put one can of coconut in refrigerator for up to 4 hours with 24 being ideal.
- Add all ingredients, but refrigerated coconut milk to Vitamix/blender of choice until creamy and mixed.
- Add water to desired consistency.
- Spoon into cups and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- 5 minutes before serving take canned coconut milk from the refrigerator placing all, but the liquid into a mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer whip into a cream adding honey and pinch of cinnamon.
- When ready to serve add whipped cream to the top with cinnamon sprinkles if you like.
Dr. Wahls used a Vitamix to make the pudding and I will be using a Cuisinart.
Enjoy and post pictures of your creations using #squashpudding! Great for holiday entertaining too! Guests will love it.